Finding a new job can be a stressful time. With so many websites and job boards dedicated to advertising job vacancies, it can be difficult to sift through and find the one that you want and that you are qualified for, plus there are those jobs that are not advertised or visible for direct application. And whilst using a recruitment agency may seem like yet another step in the whole process, partnering with an experienced Legal Recruiter as opposed to simply conducting your own search, will actually help you simplify the process, give you access to a wide variety of vacancies and increase your chances of securing you the best role.
There are a number of good reasons why you should choose to work with a Legal Recruiter, here are just a few:-
- Confidentiality. As an experienced lawyer looking for a new firm to join, confidentiality is probably the most important aspect of the relationship you will have with a Recruiter. The legal world can be small; so, it is important to ensure no one else knows you are seeking to transition to a new role. Utilise a Recruiter with a proven track record of creating trusting relationships, and who can communicate confidentially on your behalf with potential firms.
- Industry Specialisation. The most useful and successful recruitment agencies concentrate on a single industry. They spend all day, every day, focusing on the careers and opportunities available within that industry. They know where the demand is, the culture of different firms, and the personalities of employers. Taylor Root specialises in the search and recruitment for legal, compliance, and risk professionals. Our sole dedication to the legal profession means that you are given a specialised service that includes the best access to opportunities within the legal industry sector.
- Current and Established Relationships. An experienced Legal Recruiter will have multiple opportunities within multiple firms for you to compare and will be able to assist in helping you to decide which firm may be the best cultural fit for you, as well as the best for the next stage of your career.
- Ensuring You and Your CV Shine. A good recruiter is an expert on the legal industry and on the job search process. Besides editing and amending your CV, a recruiter is skilled in making sure it highlights your most marketable traits. They will also help you to tailor it so that its appropriate for the position you want.
- Explaining the Hiring Process. The hiring process can be confusing, but your recruiter ought to be an expert. They can explain the ins and outs of the whole system. You will also get feedback when you go through a recruitment agency, which is essential for helping you with future applications.
- Briefing and Preparing You for Your Interview. Once you get to the interview stage of the process, a recruiter becomes an invaluable source of information. They should be able to give you a personal insight into the personality of your interviewer, as well as the culture of the firm you are interviewing at. They will know exactly what that firm is looking for in a potential employee, so they can prepare you for the questions they might ask and help you to highlight desirable qualities in yourself.
- Career Coaching. A good recruiter will double as a career coach. They should understand the ins and outs of employment and progression in your industry, and be aware of your market value and where you can fit in. They will provide advice when you are juggling multiple offers and can help you to negotiate your salary. Your long-term career should not only be a priority for you, but also for your recruiter.
Taylor Root are specialist legal recruiters who place lawyers in private practice law firms, and corporations, here in Australia and internationally. Many of our consultants are qualified lawyers and can personally relate to the needs of our candidates and clients.
If you are a lawyer thinking about your next move, or work for a firm and looking to expand your team, contact us for a confidential chat to discuss your options.