A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our client, a US City law firm for a banking solicitor for 9 months on an FTC basis.
The Banking and Finance team advises banks, financial institutions, alternative lenders (private credit and peer-to-peer), borrowers, sponsors, corporate trustees, and debt investors on all aspects of debt and finance arrangements, often in varied and complex debt capital structures, including structured debt, leveraged finance, single and multiple asset finance, receivables purchasing and secondary market transactions.
The firms' Finance lawyers have a broad range of experience across all sectors, including, general lending, commercial real estate finance (investment and development), leveraged finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions in a variety of jurisdictions.
The Finance practice regularly advises on (domestic and cross-border):
- Leveraged real estate finance (investment and development)
- Loan receivables purchasing
- Private Equity (M&A) debt finance
- Speciality lending transactions (including, debt and private credit funds with a particular focus on direct lending)
- Structured bridging finance
- Single asset acquisitions (e.g. hospitality)
- Leveraged and acquisition finance
- Senior, mezzanine and uni-tranche structures (involving complex inter-creditor arrangements)
- LMA secondary par and distressed debt trading
- Structured commodity and trade finance
- Review, drafting and negotiation of loan documents (syndicated, bilateral and club), security documents, inter-creditor agreements and ancillary finance documents such as NDAs, commitment letters, mandate letters, legal opinions, hedging documentation and investment management agreements
- Advising on covenants and event driven capital structures
- Supervising Trainee/ junior Associate in dealing with conditions precedent, running checklists and general transaction execution management
- Liaising directly with clients as well as opposing counsel and co-counsel
- International transactions including liaising with local counsel
- Understanding complex structures and bespoke financial arrangements
The successful individual is likely to have upwards of 8+ PQE from a Top 50 or US/International law firm, and must be able to work autonomously. It is essential that the individual is qualified in England & Wales.
This fantastic role is due to start by January at the latest. The firm does not operate or encourage a long working-hours culture!
Please apply ASAP or contact Sandra Pavlou in confidence.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.