This is a newly created role within the Legal Team. The Commercial Contracts Manager will lead the negotiation and management of commercial contracts for the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth tech company to use your legal and commercial skillset to drive value and become a key player in the business's growth, whilst setting up systems and processes to mature the legal function.
You will work across all business functions, but particularly with the Business Development Team, liaising and negotiating with prospects, clients and suppliers to agree contracts that serve our commercial interests whilst protecting our legal and governance requirements.
This is a full-time role, which they would consider being done part-from-home/part-in-the-office.
What will you be responsible for?
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, amendments, non-disclosure and other agreements with clients, suppliers and third parties
- Leading the negotiation of customer and supplier contracts in a professional and personable manner, to ensure an optimal outcome for both the business and client
- Working with the business and/or external counsel to draft and update template contracts to reflect best practice and changing legislation
- Supporting the set-up of - and then managing - a contract management system, to ensure commercial contracts are recorded and managed in a compliant and efficient way
- Communicating and educating the wider team on key changes in contract law and providing internal contract training and updates
- Providing advice to the business on a broad range of legal and quasi legal matters as and when the need arises
What are they looking for?
- Experience of commercial contracts including intellectual property rights, limitations of liability and indemnification, as well as demonstrable knowledge of data protection/privacy including GDPR and DPA (experience of non-UK jurisdictions too is preferable)
- Experience working as a partner to commercial teams and managing the 'end of month rush' to sign new contracts in a professional manner that meets governance standards
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of contract drafting
- Good knowledge and meaningful experience of contract management
- Good knowledge and experience of procurement processes and ability to navigate and streamline these processes for our suppliers and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, professional maturity, and relationship building ability
- The ability to work well independently, to prioritise workload and partner with the wider Corporate Functions Team, as well as others across the business who have varying levels of commercial contract experience
- Willingness to research and consider unfamiliar areas of law
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.