This would be a fantastic opportunity for a broad corporate/commercial lawyer, preferably with some experience or knowledge of the oil & gas industry, to join a leading services business.
You will ideally have between 4-6 years PQE, preferably with some in-house experience, even short seconded experience will be suitable. The role will be very broad and can be moulded to your skillset, to make it your own, whilst working closely with and supporting the regional Assistant GC.
In the role, you will provide legal counsel and representation in all matters related to the company's operations in Europe and Africa, including: commercial transactions; disputed matters; compliance; and counselling in a variety of areas, such as those below. Demonstrate judgment, a strong work ethic and team orientation, and exceptional attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL - regional legal support, including the following:
- Working as a high-energy, team-oriented problem solver;
- Engaging actively with client contacts to execute projects and develop and maintain relationships;
- Drafting, negotiating and providing advice with respect to transactional documents in all aspects of the Company's energy operations, such as agreements for sales and service, vessel charters, exchanges of confidential and proprietary information, and agencies and distributorships;
- Supporting the handling of claims and managing adversarial proceedings;
- Advising on labour and employment matters;
- Advising additionally on international trade, data protection including GDPR, maritime, risk management, sales and other legal/compliance issues;
- Coordinating with the regional compliance manager on ethics and compliance matters;
- Developing and delivering training in various areas, including contracting, code of conduct and other compliance issues;
- Advising on property matters, including reviewing and drafting leases, licenses, and asset sale and purchase agreements;
- Providing a supporting role in due diligence and other elements of corporate transactions;
- Researching and communicating legal advice orally and in writing;
- Coordinating work with outside counsel;
- Ensuring the efficient use of budgets for external professional fees;
- Traveling regionally and elsewhere as appropriate; and
- Working additional hours as necessary.
- A qualified, practising solicitor in England and Wales and/or Scotland
- At least five years of post-qualification legal practice experience (law firm or corporate), including not less than two years' prior experience in-house dealing with employment relations and corporate and commercial transactions, particularly energy-related contracting matters, legal compliance and outside counsel management.
- Training in an international legal setting, corporate or law firm
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret common financial, scientific and technical information and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to personnel of all levels, including senior management, company directors and public groups.
- Experience in the specialty practice areas referenced in the Essential Functions section above.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.