We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised and self-motived candidate to provide knowledge and practice development support to the Competition Law team in an international law firm.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Competition and Antitrust and to the Heads of Expertise, the role will require a candidate who:
- Understands and exploits the firm's technologies and platforms to improve the team's operational efficiency, profitability and cost-effectiveness (e.g. through the automation of standard documents, the creation of [online] toolkits and workflows) and to improve service delivery
- Monitors recent legal and policy developments and keeps the group and our clients informed with expert analysis, through external and internal briefings and alerts
- Work with client teams and Business Development to develop and deliver intelligence, products and know how, particularly for key clients within the group
- Drafts responses to public consultations on legislative and policy developments
- Drafts precedents, standard forms, practice notes, flowcharts and keeps them up to date
- Manages contributions and collection of know-how and keeps the group's knowledge database up to date
- Assesses needs for new and/or updated versions of information resources, both online and hard copy, ensuring we maximise benefit of our subscriptions
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years' experience in a large, international law firm fin the field of EU and national competition law and merger control work. To discuss this in more detail please apply with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.