One of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a fully integrated global partnership, the Firm prides itself on its approachable, collegial and team-based way of working which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
In response to growing client demand from clients for on-the-ground support and expertise in Australia, the Firm opened offices in Sydney. Its Australian practice is now made up of over 80 lawyers who are renowned in their fields for their expertise and cross border experience. The Australian team helps local and international clients make the most of business opportunities in domestic, Asia Pacific and international markets.
The Firm's leading antitrust / competition law practice in Australia has extensive transactional and contentious capabilities. Alongside significant regulatory experience, the practice is focused on providing strategic and astute antitrust / competition law advice to companies operating in Australia and the Asia-Pacific. The team has experience in some of the country's leading mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances, and antitrust investigations. The Firm is proud to have built a client base that includes many of Australia and Asia Pacific's most innovative boards and their advisers.
Why You Should Join
As well as the opportunity to work on exciting and complex matters which frequently headline the financial and business news, a role with the Firm affords you the following benefits:
- You will be working with a broad range of clients and the firm's other teams and practice areas, not only in Australia, but across the globe
- Extensive client contact, both as a part of your daily working routine and special opportunities such as providing client training and organizing client seminars
- You will develop an unbeatable multi-disciplinary skill set as well as client facing skills whilst working with some of the best-known market leaders in their respective practice areas
- You will benefit from a comprehensive training program in a broad range of client-focused skills
- A highly competitive base salary, with potential for a significant bonus under the Firm's bonus scheme
What the Firm Is Looking For?
The Firm is seeking an enthusiastic lawyer with strong academics and at least 3-4 years of relevant competition law / antitrust experience from a recognised law firm to join its renowned Antitrust team in Sydney. Substantial experience in either merger control matters or behavioural / cartel investigations or experience with a competition regulator will be viewed favourably.
In order to provide outstanding client service, the Firm needs to understand, anticipate and fulfil the needs and expectations of each of its clients. They are therefore looking for a lawyer who:
- has the ability to run and manage smaller matters with limited supervision;
- can effectively supervise and mentor junior associates, graduates and paralegals;
- demonstrates strong attention to detail, legal research, analytical, problem solving, drafting and communication skills;
- has some familiarity with market economic concepts and principles;
- is recognised as producing innovative and commercial solutions for their clients;
- is pro-active in identifying issues and able to work with clients in solving them;
- demonstrates an ability to engender confidence in clients and collaborate with them;
- understands how to deliver outcomes for clients in a time critical and strategic manner; and
- demonstrates excellent managerial skills for client relationships and the ability to deepen and enhance existing relationships.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.