To be considered for this role you should have excellent academics, coupled with a solid private practice background, as well as in-house experience, preferable within a mining or energy, as the role will be supporting the energy and minerals business. You should have circa 6+ years PQE and be comfortable working autonomously and having a wide range of responsibilities, so commercial acumen is essential.
You will report directly to the General Counsel and will have the support of an excellent team, who largely retain all work in-house, so you will also have exposure to very high quality work.
Key focus for the role will entail:
- Providing strategic and commercially pragmatic legal advice and support to senior management
- Dealing with corporate treasury matters including debt and capital market matters
- Drafting, reviewing negotiating a broad range of legal documents
- Assisting the business with maintaining the compliance framework that enable the business to meet its legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Provisioning of timely, accurate, independent and commercially focused legal advice, with a view to avoiding potential problem areas and resolving issues as advantageously as possible.
- Maintaining awareness of all material internal and external developments which are likely to lead to a need for legal advice.
- Collaborating throughout the Group businesses and Legal function globally in sharing knowledge, good practice and consistent approaches on regulatory law matters.
- Managing external legal resources cost effectively in order to provide the best possible service to the Group
- Maintaining awareness of all material internal business and external legal developments which may lead to a need for legal advice
- Managing projects as designated.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Law degree with 6 - 10+ years post qualification experience
- Relevant post qualification experience within a major organisation
- Generalist experience with experience on corporate finance matters, including advising on debt and capital markets issues
- Strong personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen, pragmatic and able to partner with business seamlessly and build strong relationships
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.