This role will involve:
- To ensure the effective delivery of corporate meetings in accordance with their terms of reference, to include:
- Preparing meeting agendas and drafting papers
- Collating and issuing papers for meetings in a timely manner, including commissioning items, providing advice on paper content and format, reviewing drafts and issuing papers.
- Preparing briefing notes for chairs, and resolutions.
- Producing accurate and timely minutes of meetings.
- Tracking and following up of actions raised at meetings.
- Developing annual meeting business planners in consultation with Board and committee chairs.
- To establish an annual corporate programme of meetings which integrates effectively with the business and reporting cycle.
- To work closely with the Head of Governance in Board member recruitment and induction, and in undertaking Board and committee effectiveness reviews.
- To create and maintain an online archive of Board and committee meeting papers and minutes, and to respond to requests for documentation.
- To ensure that accurate and up to date governance information is maintained and published on the website and intranet, and that records are filed with Companies House and other bodies on a timely basis.
- To develop and implement governance policies, procedures and guidance, and ensure that these are reviewed on a regular basis to take account of findings from internal audit and best practice.
- To become the 'go to' person for professional and timely advice and guidance for staff on governance matters, including those responsible for supporting committees and working groups across the business
- To disseminate information on new and updated legal and regulatory requirements and policies
- Review governance processes, identify opportunities to modernise and improve these, and to lead projects to deliver these.
- Deputise for and provide effective and seamless cover for the Head of Corporate Governance during periods of annual leave.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 - 3 years experience.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.