My client, a Top Tier Financial Institutions is looking for an Equity Market Risk Quantitative Project Manager/Co-lead (French speaking) to join their team. This is a contract role based in Paris.
- Co-lead the Equity and Commodity Risk Change in designing the implementation of the new methodology/new products/new markets into the IT Application suite.
- Closely partner with the quant team and the risk monitoring team, to be able to gather all mandatory information in designing IT risk change
- Design & formalise operating & information flows for first line risk processes and activities.
- Plan and prioritise requirements / functional specifications / User Stories across the portfolio of initiatives.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality and timely signed-off User Stories partnering with all first line risk stakeholders (eg Product owners, PM, IT Dev, testers, prod).
- Design, develop and implement a structured and effective test strategy, testing approach and test scenarios.
- Plan test effectively preparing environments & test scenarios for each campaign.
- Manage optimally the BA/Tester team capacity and deliverables.
- Identify issues and risks around risk changes and alert the Head of if they potentially have a high impact on the risk framework, the risk monitoring, the default management or the operational risk.
- Train the risk monitoring team on new releases that could include methodology enhancements, new product, IT change.
- Contribute to the Launch strategy workshop and be in charge of the production launch for the risk change.
- A relevant experience in these fields of at least ten years is required.
- Strong skills and proven experience in change management in market risk models and an ability to perform high quality and accurate results, under pressure and tight deadlines..
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, SAS, Matlab or any other relevant language) and preferably experience/knowledge of professional development concepts and technologies.
- Professional fluency (written and verbal) in English and French.
- Must be able to explain and articulate complex market risk matters clearly, accurately and simply to internal stakeholders at various levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work within a team.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and to manage demanding tasks simultaneously.
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.