This is a very exciting and innovative opportunity for a 4-5 PQE Commercial lawyer with IT and IP experience. You should have excellent academics and training from a top City law firm. You will be joining a small team, working closely with and reporting directly to the group GC. The role will focus on general services contracts, as opposed to specifics of shipping law, hence they are looking for a commercial lawyer who knows contracts, ideally with some IP law background - they are modernising the ship broking market with tech products that have lots of T&Cs; some bespoke, some standard. You will also need to review IT contracts and broking agreement.
Key skills and requirements of the role will be:
- Good understanding of agency and contract law preferably with some S&P shipping background and IP background.
- Strong ability to draft and negotiate contracts - notably broking contracts, IT licences, IT general terms and conditions, IP contracts generally, consultancy agreements.
- Strong contract management skills in particular working to build and run a global fit for purpose contract management system.
- Knowledge of data protection law.
- Ability to handle questions concerning the applicability of sanctions to ship broking, port agency etc activities.
- Ability to advise on basic KYC and AML queries received by the on boarding teams.
- Willingness to engage with all necessary elements of compliance as they apply to the business including insider dealing, bribery & corruption, conflicts of interest, embargoes etc.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.