My client a leading Global Wholesale and Retail Bank based in Amsterdam is looking for Risk and Quantitative people from across the Globe and is willing to offer Visa Sponsorship. The Team are very keen on Diversity and Inclusion and would welcome suitable Quants and Risk Managers from all over the world.
We are looking for multiple Risk and quantitative individual to join their Financial Risk team across Analyst to Manager level.
Financial Risk department is a head office function to set and control financial risk strategy across the organization. The purpose of Financial Risk (FR) is setting the risk strategy across the bank to control the financial risk. The department provides strategic guidance on financial risk (credit, trading, and balance sheet), safeguards regulatory compliance, is responsible for model development for banking, trading and credit risk and acts as risk manager for the Global Treasury.
The Financial Risk Network team is responsible for the Financial Risk monitoring of the Bank locations worldwide by executing global functional steering, maintaining oversight and coordination. Main activities of the team include:
- Supporting and challenging the Bank locations;
- Performing country reviews, periodic asset and liability reviews;
- Monitoring alignment to financial risk standards;
- Liaising between location and head office in case of unexpected events;
- Review of risk and control self-assessments;
- Risk Appetite monitoring.
The key activities for the Financial Risk Manager role are:
- Monitoring financial risks;
- Portfolio risk monitoring and analysis;
- Coordinate, challenge & perform financial risk analysis and assessment;
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank;
- Performing periodic asset and liability reviews;
- Prepare advice on management of financial risk;
- Support Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring;
- Participation in (change) projects;
- Support design and roll-out of risk frameworks throughout the bank;
- Propose principles & minimum standards for Financial Risk;
- Maintain close relationships with the Bank offices worldwide.
Work experience & skills required
- >6 years knowledge of risk management and financial products;
- Fluent in English;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or Quantitative specialization;
- Working with presentations, ability to present complex content in easy and transparent way;
- Personal qualities & behavioral traits;
- Strong analytical skills (breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces);
- Good communication skills;
- Able to identify problems independently and to solve them with help of experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties;
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Decisive and resilient;
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Furthermore, you adhere to the Bank values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
Please send your CV to email@example.com in subject quote "AMQR"
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.