A number of exciting opportunities to join an expanding Financial Risk team within the head office at an innovative Tier 1 Global Bank have recently arisen as a result of increasing regulatory pressures and the need to ensure a tighter risk framework. Furthermore the Bank has a diverse culture and operates in an agile environment, allowing a more flexible approach to the ever changing and demanding Risk environment.
The purpose of Financial Risk is to set the strategy across the bank to control the financial risks on a global scale. The department provides strategic guidance on financial risk, safeguards regulatory compliance, develops models for banking, trading and credit risk and acts as a Risk Manager for Global Treasury.
The department is broken up between five main pillars of expertise and the roles will be spread across these; Governance and Regulation, Treasury and Capital Management, Model Development, Financial Risk Analysis and Risk Network.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Monitoring Financial Risks
- Portfolio Risk monitoring and analysis
- Coordinate, challenge & perform Financial Risk analysis and assessment
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank
- Performing periodic asset and liability reviews
- Prepare advice on management of Financial Risk
- Support Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring
- Participation in (change) projects
- Support design and roll-out of Risk Frameworks throughout the bank
- Propose principles & minimum standards for Financial Risk
- Maintain close relationships with offices worldwide
- Retail Banking portfolio experience; Savings or Mortgage portfolios
- Previous Global Banking experience, working with global teams
- Risk Management experience; monitoring risk, analysing risk and performing risk assessments
- Economic, Finance or Quantitative educational background is preferred
- Affinity with Finance and preferably Financial Risk
- Good communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage with, and manage stakeholders
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.