Our client is a Manhattan-based private investment firm focused on sports and entertainment, media and marketing, food and lifestyle, and technology. The founders have helped build a number of hugely successful enterprises including a leading brand strategy and communications agency, a privately owned sports tournament, and a restaurant software company. The firm also recently built a portfolio of dynamic restaurant brands by partnering with leading New York restaurants, and has invested in cybersecurity.
The firm is seeking an experienced attorney to join its team as the General Counsel. The GC will work on a range of investment management matters and will be heavily involved with the firm's corporate secretarial function. They will also carry senior responsibility for structuring and executing the firm's investment and exits, and will be involved in managing its portfolio companies. The GC will report to the CEO and will work out of the firm's New York Office.
- Legal support for the investment firm generally
- Drafting and negotiating term sheets and private placement memorandums
- Drafting financing documents, including stock purchase agreements, investors' rights agreements, right of first refusal and co-sale agreements, and voting rights agreements
- Drafting confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Devising stock option plans and assisting investment tracking
- Managing due diligence processes
- Drafting and reviewing compliance and supervisory procedures
- Provide legal support for special projects and cross-alternatives initiatives
- All other duties as necessary or assigned to provide high caliber line of business legal support
- JD from accredited, top-tier law school
- 5+ years prior legal experience at a top law firm (additional in-house experience at a financial services institution or media/entertainment practice preferred)
- Relevant legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A
- The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently and as a legal representative within deal teams, managing outside counsel as necessary
- Experience with corporate governance issues, corporate secretarial duties and related issues in a variety of jurisdictions
- Excellent advocacy, negotiation, interpersonal, organizational, legal research and communication skills - able to interact diplomatically and understand the importance of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- Analytical mind, strong understanding of relevant laws and regulations and highly-motivate
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.