The role will also involve:
- Providing full support to the companies key boards and committees in particular, coordinate arrangements for various meetings, prepare and distribute board packs, review resolutions and minutes and coordinate implementation of Board and shareholders' decisions.
- Create and maintain company records for all companies including, maintenance of Blueprint software, Statutory Registers and Companies House records.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory and ad hoc forms and returns for both UK and overseas companies (for example, Confirmation Statements).
- Review Statutory Accounts and coordinate associated board approvals.
- Prepare and coordinate Director appointments and resignations, ensuring that all internal governance approvals (where required) are satisfied.
- Provide company secretarial advice and support for company initiatives, projects and corporate transactions (for example, restructures, financing, mergers, acquisitions and disposals).
- Prepare resolutions and documentation for routine transactions (such as share transfers, director changes and dividends) and ad hoc events (such as incorporations and voluntary dissolution).
- Develop relationships with business partners and external stakeholders (including shareholders and joint venture partners) and provide advice and support to business partners on company secretarial issues and procedure.
- Undertake research projects for Company Secretariat, including in relation to developments in corporate governance regulations and best practice.
- Maintain the company signing and sealing register and ensure all documents presented for signing have received appropriate approval.
- Maintain Data Protection notifications and company licences and complete other compliance activity where required.
- Maintain and develop Company Secretariat processes and procedures on a regular basis.
- Use SAP to manage payments for Company Secretariat invoices and raise cheque requests as required.
- Provide support to the Head of Legal & Company Secretary - Corporate & Governance and the wider Corporate & Customers Legal team on day to day activities, ad hoc projects and governance and internal control initiatives.
- Maintain full and up to date files on all matters following the team's filing practices.
Experience of providing support on corporate transactions is an essential for this role.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.