We are currently assisting a well-known e-commerce business in their search for a Senior IP/Commercial Lawyer, to cover a 6 month maternity leave starting in May 2019.
Reporting directly into their General Counsel, the role will be extremely broad and you will be delivering high quality legal advice and services across multiple territories and working alongside other Lawyers internationally.
The role will entail;
- Overseeing all major IP/Commercial issues, including brand protection strategy, large scale innovation projects, IP and Commercial disputes and litigation, major marketing campaigns, compliance (including regulatory, accessibility and anti-trust), customer services, PR and reputation management, retail and consumer rights.
- Partnering with the business' global Marketing, F-Tech, Product, People, Strategy, Innovation, and Customer Services teams.
- Oversee the protection of the global business IP portfolio (trademarks, domains, copyright registrations and patents).
- Manage and motivate the IP/Commercial Team.
- UK qualified Solicitor with upwards of 8 years PQE, having trained and worked at a top tier law firm.
- Strong technical expertise in IP and commercial law.
- Passion for technology and well-known brands.
- Experience leading Senior Lawyers on specific projects.
- Strong communication, negotiating and drafting skills.
- Accustomed to working for a fast moving consumer-led businesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading e-commerce brand in a role that offers complexity, breadth and management responsibilities, in a fast-paced ever evolving environment.
Although this is an initial 6 month fixed-term contract, there may be the scope this may be extended to 9 months.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.