HEAD OF LEGAL, UPSTREAM OIL AND GAS, KUWAIT
CLIENT: This company spearheads the exploration, development and production of major international oil and gas assets. With global operations, they are now seeking a new Head of Legal / General Counsel to lead their operations and manage an existing legal team from Kuwait.
ROLE: You will deal with high level international work, and be part of a strong senior management team reporting directly to a CEO. The work will focus around the upstream operations of the company and the wide variety of international offices and assets that they have, spanning the US to Australia.
The work will be broad in nature, covering general commercial matters, complex disputes, project financing, outside counsel management, team management and development and compliance.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration:
- 15+ PQE, having worked in an international standard organisation.
- Additional top tier international law firm experience is also very sought after.
- Candidates will need experience in energy or heavy industry, but ideally direct upstream O&G work.
- A skill set covering broad corporate (M&A, JV's) and commercial work, with additional exposure to project finance being ideal.
- Previous or current Middle East work is helpful but international work is more important.
- Team management experience is essential.
- The role will be based in Kuwait.
Great opportunity to handle top tier international work in a global organisation. Please do get in touch for a full job description and the opportunity to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.