Taylor Root is currently seeking an Interim Regulatory Associate to join the regulatory team of an international law firm.
The role is to support 4 areas within the wider team
- Energy & commodities sector: (i) advising clients in this sector on financial regulation and related matters, including derivatives and dealing documentation, clearing rules, and market abuse rules; (ii) advising on commodity market specific regulation, including power and gas (including LNG) markets, trading and licensing, in the UK and Europe.
- Financial sector (including service providers): Advising on legal and regulatory issues in the provision of financial services. The types of questions which arise range from consumer credit and payment services to securities, investment funds, and bank capital.
- Corporate and financial support: supporting the growing corporate and financial teams on regulatory issues, particularly perimeter (authorisation and financial promotion), market abuse and occasionally capital/liquidity requirements.
- Insurance: Working with our insurance sector corporate and regulatory team on non-insurance regulatory issues, for example where proposed insurance structures present securities and/or collective investment issues. (The role does not involve insurance regulation)
- REACH: Advising clients in respect of the REACH chemicals regulation.
- Commodity Transactional Expertise: Advising on and documenting structured transactions in the commodities sector.
This opportunity is on a rolling basis.
To discuss in more detail please apply with a current CV to the link below.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.