I am currently hiring an Investment Risk Analyst position for a leading US asset manager in Hong Kong. This role will be the main representative for the team in APAC and work very closely with the existing function in the US and Europe. You will be responsible for identifying and mitigating investment risks in the international equities team, through use of risk models, stress testing and scenario analysis techniques. This is a great time to join the firm as they expand in the region and act as the lead contact to portfolio managers in APAC.
- Lead risk analysis on equity products, using risk models and techniques such as stress testing & scenario analysis
- Communicate methods and analysis to global investment risk team and APAC based portfolio managers for the equity business
- Develop risk analysis and modelling techniques - suggest improvements to identify and measure investment risk management
- Oversee day-to-day monitoring of investment risk in equity portfolios, including monitoring of limits and thresholds
- Research market indicators to inform portfolio managers and wider risk teams on APAC market
- Act as subject matter expert on equity investment risk management to the wider APAC business
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in finance or quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics & engineering
- Professional qualifications CFA, FRM, PRM, CQF preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in investment risk, portfolio risk or equity risk management
- Experience from asset management industry (ideally long-only)
- Experience of using risk models from MSCI Barra or similar
- Interest in APAC equity markets and risk management
- In-depth knowledge of equity risk modelling and/or pricing
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills - ideally using programming languages Matlab, R, Python
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.