This role sits within the central legal team of the wider banking group, reporting into the General Counsel, and therefore offers great exposure to the business as a whole.
It is a commercial-focused role, and the resposibilities will include the drafting and negotiation of:
- IT/Software licence agreements;
- Outsourcing agreements;
- Marketing agreements; and
- Services/Consultancy agreements.
In addition, the role will involve wider responsibility, for example:
- involvement in the development of procurement policy;
- drafting and maintenance of precedent documentation; and
- implementation of new policies across the Bank.
Therefore, in order to ensure you are successful with your application, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- experience working as a commercial solicitor, either in a city law firm or top financial services organisation;
- solid working knowledge of the above agreements and common problems that arise; and
- understanding of the regulatory and legal environment which affects the banking world.
If you are interested in discussing the role in some more detail, please apply online, or contact TomEvans@taylorroot.com.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.