About our client:
For Elekta, a medical devices company, we are currently recruiting a Legal Counsel. You will be end responsible for a business line focused on radiotherapy and cancer treament. You will be part of an internationl legal team. The location is in Veenendaal. We are looking for a legal professional who is passionate about humanity and innovation.
About the role:
In this position you will:
- Reviews, draft and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Be the key legal support and Business Partner to the Senior Management team of the Business line, including providing support on Business Development Projects, Strategic Partnerships and M&A activities.
- Provide full legal support to the legal entities in the Netherlands, including supporting on employment and real estate matters (with external support where needed).
- Perform Corporate Governance compliance activities and internal governance requirements.
- provide legal support to Procurement and R&D functions, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts (including international) and providing legal risk reviews, analysis and recommendations.
- Provide initial support on Compliance, IP and Regulatory matters and involve and liase with the company's specialist Compliance, IP and RA teams.
- Provide legal support to the commercial/sales team in the Netherlands, including for Public tenders.
- Provide legal support to other Business Lines as agreed with Business Line General Cousnel.
- Master's degree in law;
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience gained in a mix of a top tier Dutch law firm and in-house;
- Experience with negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts;
- Experience managing litigation and outside counsel;
- Strong commercial transactions experience;
- General understanding of laws and regulations relating to patient/data privacy, corporate compliance, anti-corruption and anti-competition;
- Knowledge of the Medical Device Industry, including Regulatory knowledge (FDA, MDR, etc.) is a plus;
- Superb oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.