A FTSE 250 insurance business is building out its legal function in London and looking for a corporate lawyer in the 0-2 PQE bracket for a permanent hire.
You would be working closely with the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel, the wider legal and complance function and the international offices of the business.
This oportunity will see you gain hands-on experience in an interesting variety of corporate and commercial work. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with projects around M&A and debt and equity raising, updating of a shelf prospectus, new business ventures and other corporate activities.
- Keeping informed on legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect the Group's operations.
- Providing legal advice to the business on a range of topics which can include: UK Listing Rule requirements, corporate law matters, confidentiality agreements/NDAs, IT and other commercial contracts, employment issues, insurance and reinsurance matters and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing legal and governance papers (including memoranda, advices and other various documents) as required by the various operational Boards, executive groups and others in the business.
- Assisting the company secretarial function and its subsidiaries in ensuring the smooth running of Board and Board Committees' activities.
To be considered you should have relevant experience in corporate finance/M&A from a reputable firm.
Previous exposure to the insurance sector, while desirable, is not essential for this position.
It would also be helpful to have some familiarity/understanding of the administration of publicly listed companies, Listing Rules, the Companies Act and the Insurance Acts.
If you are interesting in hearing more, please apply below.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.