This is an excellent opportunity to take on a broad challenge as a legal counsel of a major trade association representing the financial services sector in the UK.
You would be joining on a fixed-term for a maternity cover, reporting to the COO and working closely with a broad range of internal stakeholders across all functions of the business to provide commercial advice on a variety of legal issues across both operational and policy areas.
In this role you would gain exposure to matters as diverse as dispute resolution, data protection, procurement, intellectual property, commercial contracts, external private sector partnerships, advertising, marketing, competition law, insurance and policy.
You will have responsibility for:
- Advising key stakeholders across the business and identifying proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate risk;
- Providing guidance on legal issues including risk management, policy implementation, and internal/external communications relating to sensitive matters, strategic planning and execution as well as special projects;
- Advising on and entering negotiations on contractual matters between the association and its membership, employees or third parties;
- Overseeing the activities of external legal suppliers;
- Partnering with the business on strategic activities including the approaches taken by the policy teams, HR, finance and digital marketing, when required;
- Keeping up-to-date on changes to UK, EU and international law;
- Working with the Chief of Staff and the corporate governance function to assist in drafting corporate governance documents.
This is a unique opportunity and one that offers a great deal of opportunity and wide exposure to a different side of the banking sector. If you are interested in hearing more, please get in touch.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.