An opportunity to join a growing global renewable energy business in Sydney. This company has the ambition to become one of the major global producers of electricity from renewable energy sources.
A great career opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a major renewable energy business in a corporate environment with experience across project development, construction, property and infrastructure contractual matters. This leading company is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious lawyer to support the wider business and senior stakeholders.
You will ideally have gained commercial and corporate advisory experience as a lawyer with a solid foundation and training in private practice, and potentially some in-house experience. You will have gained 3+ years' experience in project development, construction, property and infrastructure. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional as you will provide support to major project stakeholders.
- Strong ability to interact as a business partner within the business including development managers, construction managers, finance managers, contractors and regulatory authorities.
- Experience in property, planning and construction, including advising, preparing and negotiating leases, options, permits, licenses and easements;
- Negotiating, drafting and providing advice in relation to corporate and commercial arrangements and large infrastructure contract negotiation;
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of industrial assets, including familiarity with EPC contracts and project finance structures.
- To provide high quality, appropriate legal advice to the business and key stakeholders.
- Legal project management.
- Maximisation of the legal services value add.
- Strong commercial experience in the Australian market with 3-6 years post-admission experience.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a commercial setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.