A leading Insurance Company is looking to appoint a Legal Counsel with Company Secretarial experience in London on a 15-month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will be responsible for providing a wide range of legal support to the Group with particular emphasis on providing legal support on all insurance and underwriting activities, company secretarial and corporate governance support.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Company Secretary to the UK incorporated entities
- Provide timely and expert corporate governance support to the Group.
- Provide contract administration and general legal support to the business as required.
- Contract drafting and interpretation on both inwards and outwards insurance and reinsurance business.
- To provide support and guidance to the underwriting and claims teams, including advising upon a wide range of insurance and reinsurance coverage issues, disputes and wordings.
- Provide, based on a solid knowledge of contract law, legal advice and drafting support in connection with a wide range of commercial contracts including IT contracts, service agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- To provide support on inter-group arrangements, including inter-group reinsurance, loans and binding authorities and to ensure accurate records are kept.
- Provide assistance on company secretarial matters including drafting agendas, Board resolutions, taking minutes of meetings, scheduling annual general meeting of shareholders, drafting shareholder resolutions and completing corporate filings.
- Support the Group General Counsel on any corporate governance matters.
- Such other legal special and/or standing projects as are delegated from time to time.
You will be a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with 4+ years Post-qualification legal experience or other demonstrably applicable experience. Experience of acting as company secretary to one or more (re)insurance companies and experience of advising on a range of corporate governance matters is essential. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.