For our client, a leading engineering and consultancy firm, we are recruiting a Legal Counsel to be based at their HQ in The Hague. The legal department will consist of 5 people (including contract management) and you will report into the Head of Legal. The engineers and consultants of the company are at the forefront of realizing industrial investment projects. Their customers are active in a wide variety of industries such as (renewable) energy, oil and gas, food industry, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
Their customers trust their investment projects to a team that is at the forefront of understanding their business and can build on technical expertise and years of experience. For these customers the company provides consultancy, engineering, project management, purchasing and construction management services, in short, everything the customer needs to make their project successful!
About the role:
You will be responsible for supporting your technical and commercial colleagues in the acquisition and execution of projects. You will advise the board of directors and general management on legal and contractual risks. You will draft, review, negotiate and manage various contracts for engineered products (consultancy, design and engineering, EPCM, EPC) and you will take part in other complex and challenging projects within our industries as well. Furthermore you will negotiate and advise on bid agreements, cooperation agreements, memoranda of understanding and similar agreements and documents.
In this role you will act as a Legal business partner with a strong commercial sense.
- Master's degree in Dutch Law;
- 5-10 years' of relevant working experience, preferably in an engineering/construction company or within a law firm dealing with engineering transactions;
- Strong background in contract law and construction law and substantial knowledge of company law and corporate housekeeping tasks;
- Strong personality, capable of working with the biggest multinational customers;
- Good business sense and a hands-on approach;
- Strong advisory expertise and analytical skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.