A global FinTech company is currently looking for a Legal Counsel to join their newly opened office in Dublin.
Reporting to the Head of Legal Affairs, the successful candidate will collaborate with individuals at all levels throughout all parts of the business and across all regions to:
- Provide general and commercial legal and regulatory advice to a dynamic business operating in multiple jurisdictions, with a focus on Europe
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with existing and potential merchants and suppliers
- Advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel in numerous international jurisdictions
- Undertake a range of research projects to include: international regulatory research, contractual matters, regional data protection and privacy laws
- Assisting with the know-how, professional development and knowledge management needs of the Legal department
- Assist in the development of standard departmental procedures designed to facilitate each of the identified responsibilities.
- The successful candidate must be an Irish qualified lawyer and have at least 4 years post qualification experience, ideally including some time in an In-House environment. Experience working banking or financial services regulation, gambling regulation, card scheme rules, e-commerce, intellectual property or data protection/privacy would be an advantage.
Please contact Hamish at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.