For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a Legal Counsel Procurement to join the Procurement and Supply Chain department at their global headquarters in Leidschendam reporting to the Global Procurement Director. Fugro is the world's leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 9000 talented people in 61 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2020, revenue amounted to EUR 1.4 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
The company is in the process of taking its Procurement activity to a higher level and strengthening its team by adding legal expertise. The Global Procurement team currently consists of 16 people, and is based in Leidschendam, the Netherlands. There are as well country and regional teams in place to manage the Supply Chain worldwide. The Supply Chain function worldwide consist in total of 200 people. The total spend managed was around 660 Million Euro in 2020, with 23 k suppliers. Most of the spend is concentrated in around 12 countries. As part of our roadmap we are putting in place more and more supplier agreements and need to ensure compliance. To extend the central part of this team, Fugro is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Counsel Procurement which will report into the Global Procurement Director and the General Counsel.
About the role:
You will be responsible for all global procurement related legal issues handled by the head office, in an international and dynamic setting. You will draft, review, negotiate and advise in English on all kinds of procurement contracts dealt with by Group Procurement. The content and fields of subject include: a variety of services and operational equipment, Vessels, Logistics, IT, Travel, 3rd Party personnel, fuel, Buildings/Offices, etc. Typical documents are global/framework agreements, master services agreements, purchase orders, terms & conditions, software (license) agreements, memoranda of understanding, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements. Moreover, you will assist in disputes that may arise with suppliers. You will be the primary point of contact for procurement related legal issues for the Procurement team, the business and external suppliers. You will cooperate closely together with your own team.
- Master's degree in Law or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years in-house experience with regard to procurement in an international context (a technical industry is a plus).
- Good business sense, able to act as a procurement partner; speaks the language of both the business and of procurement.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with drafting, writing, red-lining, negotiating and reviewing supplier agreements with suppliers as well as internal stakeholders
- Energetic, self-starter, pragmatic, proactive, result-driven and willing to learn.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a (global) team.
- Ability to explain and convince internal clients and external parties in an international corporate environment (Category Managers Marine and Land Equipment, Software, Travel, IT and Telecom; suppliers etc.).
- Build and maintain relations.
- Ability to energetically train up and pass knowledge to other internal stakeholders on legal procurement issues
- Fluent in (written & oral) English.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- International travel to suppliers occasionally required.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.