LEGAL COUNSEL, PROJECT FINANCE, DUBAI
CLIENT: A leading utilities developer is seeking a new Legal Counsel to join their legal team in Dubai. They have an exceptionally strong book of up coming business and continue to lead the market in many respects.
ROLE: They are looking for a junior to mid-level lawyer with an expertise in either broad finance, or preferably specific project finance exposure. You will help build and improve the clients capability to handle project finance documentation in-house, thus making the role both very commercial, and transactional in nature. You will need to be confident in supporting, and later leading, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional deals, where the counterparties are top tier financial institutions with excellent internal and external legal support.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration:
- A range of PQE between 1-5, with default experience of working English law finance documents.
- Deals in the utilities sector will be highly desirable.
- You will need to have had strong international law firm training.
- Strong deals across either broad finance, or project finance work, with a preference towards the energy sector.
- Due to some of the business partners and jurisdictions, French and Chinese language skills would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Candidates based in the region (particularly the UAE) will be strongly preferred, though particularly relevant overseas applicants may be considered.
This is a very strong role, ideally suited for a junior to mid-level lawyer who is looking to get out of private practice but continue to work on high level deals, whilst improving their commercial business understanding. In time, this will see you at the very sharp end of deals, leading, negotiating and drafting world class deals.
Please do get in touch to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.