We are currently working with a leading online retail business in their search for a Legal Counsel to join their team on a six month contract.
Reporting into their Head of Technology and supporting both the technology teams and other business functions, the role is critical in helping ensure the legal department meets the needs and requirements of the business globally.
The role will entail;
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts for software development and licensing, SaaS, PaaS, hosting, service level agreements, consultancy and services, outsourcing and hardware provision.
- Advising on the implementation of Tech programmes to support Retail, Supply Chain, Finance functions.
- Work closely with the Tech teams to assist with the development of their ecommerce offering and advise on new technologies.
- Work closely with the procurement team with the drafting of tenders and negotiation of contracts.
- Review a wide variety of commercial contracts across other areas of the business including payment service providers, event management, general service agreements, recruitment agency terms and conditions.
- UK qualified with upwards of 3 years PQE
- Significant commercial contract experience gained ideally from both private practice and in-house
- Ideally suit someone who loves ecommerce retail and innovative tech
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing, agile, adaptable environment is preferable
This is an amazing opportunity for a Commercial lawyer who has a passion for tech/retail to join a leading in-house team.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.