We have a current opportunity for a Legal Director on a permanent basis. The position will be based in . For further information about this position please apply.
To manage and lead the Legal Department in overseeing the legal matters and legal risk of the institute and its subsidiaries. To provide professional legal advice, service and support through communication and coordination with various business and support units and take up ad hoc projects as requested.
- To manage and lead the Legal Department
- To draft, review and negotiate full range of commercial contracts and legal documentation
- To provide legal advice on all legal aspects of the business and products of the Group
- To manage the legal risk of the business and advise on legal risk management and compliance
- To conduct legal research and update General Counsel on relevant laws and regulations, and update Senior Management and business and support units on legal and regulatory development
- To monitor liability and other claims/dispute resolution and litigation
- To participate in corporate projects and new product development to identify legal issues
- To review various manuals, policies and procedures
- To instruct and liaise with external lawyers and counsel
- University graduate and Hong Kong admitted solicitor
- Minimum 12 years' post-admission experience
- Experience in a wide spectrum of general corporate, commercial and banking assignments and commercial litigation
- High level of commercial acumen with good drafting, analytical and communication skills
- Able to complete assignments and perform under pressure
- Good leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese; proficiency in Putonghua is highly preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.