A leading financial group is looking to appoint a highly motivated junior Structuring lawyer to join their team for a 12 month maternity leave contract.
- In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for Legal Structuring across the banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, the employee will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs them.
- Advise on, participate in and implement Firm and International Business transactions, proceedings, actions, projects and initiatives.
- Provide legal advice, review draft and negotiate documentation and provide all related transaction management and project management for:
- note issuance by the Firm, its affiliates and third parties
- notes issuance by SPVs already established or to be established by the Firm
- Review, draft and negotiate transaction documents, term-sheets, client presentations and provide all related transaction management
- Advise and assist business units in the structuring and the setting-up of new & complex products and new business initiatives.
- Provide legal advice and support with respect to strategic, legal and documentation matters and initiatives in relation to structuring transactions.
- Advise on the legal, regulatory and reputational issues arising in transactions and in the non-transactional aspects of the operation and business activities of the Firm and the International Business.
You will be a qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 6 months experience in derivatives and/or structured products. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.