A global financial services business with a strong foothold in corporate banking and investments. A rich history in Australia, having established in Sydney decades ago.
Steady growth, and the need for proactivity in the current climate, mean that this firm's risk and compliance has continued to expand. The number of projects in operational risk and cyber security have prompted a move to hire an established risk professional in Sydney. You will be able to immediately impact on:
- Framework upkeep and reporting to various governance committees
- Promoting risk and governance culture in the business via training
- Monitoring compliance and controls, analysing this data and delivering key messages to management
- The use of data management systems in managing risks internationally
The Ideal Candidate
If you're between contracts, and looking for a challenging role in financial services, this position could be for you. In order to hit the ground running, you'll need:
- Relevant academics (commerce, law, IT, finance etc)
- At least 3 years' risk / audit / ops experience in financial services
- Strong technical skills - intermediate to advanced level in Excel and other Office products is essential
- Proven project management skills
- A strong track record in stakeholder management, and a skillful communicator
The business has a number of vital projects in lay, so an immediate start is necessary. If you'd like to be considered, don't hesitate to apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.