A diversified financial markets business, offering lending services, investment solutions and a range of financial markets advice. The firm caters to a niche client base, whose primary common trait is SIZE. This firm also boasts several "market firsts" in Australia when it comes to niche services. You will find yourself in an engaging environment, with the business having moved recently to state-of-the-art smart facilities.
This is a varied enterprise risk role, focusing on a range of high-value transactions. You will find yourself sat in an engaged, outgoing team, and surrounded by experienced heads committed to your success and growth. Working closely with the Senior Manger (Op Risk) and the Head of Op Risk & Compliance, your day-to-day role could include:
- Upkeep of the firm's BCP programme, as well as enterprise, division and department risk registers
- Maintaining and improving the business-wide operational risk framework
- Various periodic investment-related compliance reporting
- Change management - setting up and maintaining portfolio compliance data
- Supporting the firm's risk assurance and internal audit programs
- Partnering with highly experienced credit risk and market risk teams
- Responsibility for producing and enhancing a range of process maps and related procedures
- Ad hoc projects as markets change and clients transact
The Ideal Candidate
This is a classic enterprise risk role, but focuses heavily on investments and fund management. Market knowledge, whether obtained in-house or via working with clients, will be essential. Ambition and charisma are highly regarded, as you will be visible across the business, and will be given free reign to grow the role.
A further element of the role could involve quantifying, coding and testing, so experience with VBA coding and financial modelling would be a welcome bonus. You will probably feel like the following sounds familiar:
- 3-5 years in an enterprise risk role, ideally in financial markets or funds/asset management; OR
- An experienced Senior Consultant or newly promoted Manager in a Big 4 financial services audit or risk team
- Solid, hands-on risk experience (financial/credit/quant risk a huge plus)
- Clear communication style, and a confidence engaging a range of stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of complex financial transactions
- Ready for a step up in your career
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.