This international media organisation is looking for a Privacy Legal Director to join their team.
This role is a great opportunity for a trailblazing data privacy lawyer to tackle novel and challenging data protection and data privacy issues arising from cutting-edge applications of data in a fast-paced environment. As the leader of the data protection legal team globally, this role will provide strategic advice that helps drive data privacy compliance across global jurisdictions (145 countries!)
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Global General Counsel and other key stakeholders, setting the data privacy legal strategy and priorities for the company, and drive adherence to the strategy through development and implementation of policies, standards, training, and other measures.
- Providing strategic advice to senior stakeholders, including executive-level boards and committees as well as product development teams, on data privacy legal matters to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the protection of the organisation's commercial interests.
- Monitoring and responding to legal developments in data privacy and information security, including new laws, regulations, key judgements, and regulatory guidance.
- Partnering with senior leaders and commercial stakeholders to embed privacy protections into new and existing products, as well as advise on ways to minimize operational privacy risks.
- Establishing sound privacy legal positions across the global enterprise.
The successful candidate will be passionate about data privacy and will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role and will further have:
- Approximately 10 years' post-qualification experience in EU and US data protection law, and ideally some law firm experience.
- Local country qualification to practice law.
- Proven knowledge and experience in leading and managing complex data protection issues. Ideally, some exposure to advertising tech, marketing tech and media is helpful.
- Experience in data risk management and supporting data protection compliance programs.
This role can be based out of any of the organisations UK offices and they offer flexible and remote working options.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.