The top tier international law firm is seeking an experience Proofreader to join their market leading IPO Practice in Hong Kong.
The highly experienced and knowledgeable team of lawyers provides quality advice to issuers and underwriters on their domestic equity work, as well as in the context of Chinese companies seeking to list on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and in the US. Able to advise on US and Hong Kong law, the team is also extremely well-versed in the regulatory regimes associated with the Asian and US markets. The team is seeking a Legal Proofreader to support their time-sensitive proofreading requests in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proofread complex financial and legal documents in English and Chinese.
- Formatting and layout checking of documents to ensure consistency, spelling, dictation, syntax, punctuation and grammar.
- Review cross references, and defined terms for accuracy and review Table of Authorities for accuracy and style, ensure the timely delivery of production and projects
- Meticulous manage the quality process in the creation and production of critical financial and investor communications, conduct separate checks for format, text accuracy and statistical data
- Ensure that the content of document is accurate, clear and complete and that the material is organized logically
- Follow established global and regional policies and procedures of the firm at all time
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Proven ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to always interact with clients and team members in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, focus and result-orientation under pressure and tight deadlines
- Familiarity with legal terminology and a variety of citation and brief formants used in legal work preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other core applications preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.