Our client is a global law firm. Due to growth in the practice, the Melbourne office is looking for an Associate (2-4PQE) to join their real estate practice.
The real estate team is led by an award winning partner, that you would be working closely with. The partner is well known for dedicating time towards learning & development and supporting growth of junior lawyers within the practice.
The team had an incredibly successful year in 2019, and are looking to capitlise on this by growing the Melbourne practice with this hire.
In this position, you will advise clients on:
- Tendering for and structuring property developments and acquisitions.
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets in all property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotels.
- Sale and leaseback transactions.
- Master planned residential developments.
- Tourist resorts and mixed-use developments and operation.
- Joint venture / project management negotiations and documentation.
- Leasing and lease negotiation.
- General real estate issues such as subdivisions, enforcement of securities
You will have specific experience and interest on the real estate industry. Ideally, you will have worked in the real estate practice of a well-regarded practice for at least two years.
You will also bring with you:
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
Remuneration and benefits
Should you be successful, you should anticipate to receive a salary of around $115-130k (depending on experience).
In addition to this, some of the benefits provided include:
- Novated lease options
- Discounted health insurance and travel insurance
- Gym membership
- Priority access to childcare
- Flexible leave options
- Learning and development programs
- Study leave and support
- Secondment opportunities
- 18 weeks paid parental leave and temporary break from billable expectations upon returning to work
- Pro bono, charity and community activities
If you could see yourself in this position, or would like to learn more about it, please apply or get in touch with Geoff Denton (firstname.lastname@example.org). Geoff is a former lawyer, experienced consultant and leads our Melbourne business.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.