Join a preeminent, independent Australian law firm with leading edge practice areas, a second-to-none client roster, and some of the legal industry's most renown practitioners. This opportunity is for someone who is looking to step up into a leading corporate group and broaden his/her expertise from real estate into a more generalist corporate practice. The firm is known for its collegiate culture, valuing individuals who will thrive under its independent spirit but collaborative colleagues.
As the successful candidate, you will work on real estate matters and also move into more generalist corporate work, including: corporate advisory, public and private mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, equity investments, joint ventures and foreign investment.
You will have significant exposure to clients, playing a leading role on key aspects of transactions, including negotiations and drafting. You will also be comfortable leading and mentoring junior lawyers and project managing matters through to completion.
In order to be successful in this role you will be an experienced real estate lawyer (2-4 years) who is looking for a step-up into a leading corporate practice.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 2 years' post-qualified experience across a range of corporate matters in a (preferably top tier) firm environment.
- A property focussed lawyer seeking to move into a corporate practice.
- A strong academic record.
- The ability to prioritise your time across a number of busy matters.
- A passion for and experience in coaching, mentoring and supervising more junior lawyers.
- A strong client service focus and work ethic.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills - required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment.
- An ambitious and focused determination to take your career to the next level.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.