This is a fantastic opportunity for a 4-8 PQE regulatory lawyer, who has a solid background and training from a leading law firm and preferably experience of working in-house in a trading enviornment.
- Providing day to day advice on regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to a multi-jurisdictional business including in respect of:
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Sanctions and counter-terrorism financing
- Licensing and regulatory requirements for physical and derivatives trading
- Regulatory reform relating to OTC derivatives trading (Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID II and equivalent requirements in other relevant jurisdictions)
- Market conduct requirements
- Strategic input on new business activities and projects
- Interaction with regulators in multiple jurisdictions
- Assessing and responding to the Company's business imperatives and risk appetite.
- Overseeing internal investigations with compliance or regulatory implications.
- Preparing a response plan to deal with regulatory enquiries and managing the operational and strategic response to external criminal or regulatory investigations.
- Assisting with the development of a strategy for external engagement on regulatory and compliance matters to support broader Company external engagement plan/strategy.
- Engaging in internal advocacy to raise awareness of regulatory and compliance risk, and the Company's risk mitigation strategies and controls.
- Working closely with commercial teams to provide timely and appropriate advice in connection with commercial transactions, projects and strategy development.
- Supporting the internal Compliance team to provide effective operational compliance oversight and monitoring.
- Participating in risk assessments and proactively engaging with key commercial and functional stakeholders.
- Managing provision of internal and external legal services and provide legal advice in a cost-effective manner.
You should also have deonstrable experience of the following:
- Strong practical understanding of global trading regulatory requirements with emphasis on UK/EU regulatory requirements.
- Experience of international commodity trading (physical and paper), preferably gained in-house within a large multinational commodities company or law firm.
- Experience of operating within a regulated environment or working for a regulatory body.
- Commercial awareness and pragmatism.
- In-depth understanding of identifying and mitigating risk.
- Broad understanding of English law or relevant common law, with mining industry experience and knowledge of mining law useful but not essential.
- Experience of working for a global business with operations / business units in diverse locations.
- Commercial understanding of consequences of legal scenarios/decisions.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.