For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Counsel to be based at their global headquarters in Leidschendam. Fugro is the world's leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 9000 talented people in 61 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2020, revenue amounted to EUR 1.4 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
The Senior Compliance Counsel will report into the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer.
About the role:
The Senior Compliance Counsel has, among others, the following tasks:
- Perform internal compliance risk assessments in cooperation with relevant management levels within Fugro;
- Develop and update documents (such as Fugro's Code of Conduct, Fugro's Global Privacy Principles and related policies), programs and procedures worldwide which support Fugro's requirements to sustain an ethical and compliant work environment;
- Promote a culture which encourages compliance and business integrity;
- Develop and enable implementation of training materials for Fugro employees worldwide (a.o. on AB&C, data privacy and trade compliance);
- Monitor Fugro's compliance with the relevant data privacy regulations, advising on its data protection obligations, and acting as a contact point for data subjects and the relevant supervisory authority;
- Act as center of expertise in compliance issues and advise (both proactively and as requested) employees and operations within Fugro;
- Asses any issues of interpretation regarding aspects of the compliance program;
- Monitor regulatory developments;
- Coordinate activities of Fugro's compliance committee;
- Help to report ethics and compliance activities and cases under investigation to both the Audit Committee and to the Board of Management;
- Coordinate and direct contacts and communications with regulatory authorities and external counsel.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment in which a global organisation operates;
- A strong understanding of data protection law and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in a compliance oversight type role and developing annual compliance plans;
- Experience of incident management and investigation;
- Experience in dealing with and reporting on compliance risks & issues;
- A clear affinity with integrity, culture and soft control topics;
- Knowledge and experience of developing, implementing and innovating compliance governance frameworks;
- Good knowledge and experience of the practical application of relevant laws/regulations;
- Experience of developing processes and writing reports to a high standard;
- Experience of presenting to senior leadership;
- Strong communicator at all levels with experience of working with senior management and external advisors;
- Fluent in (written & oral) English;
- Master's degree in Law or similar;
- Strong relationship management skills will help facilitate a pro-active and effective compliance-to-business relationship;
- Good risk based judgement skills including the ability to assess compliance risks appropriately with commercial needs;
- Intuitive self-starter with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively;
- To be recognised as a role model who leads, solves problems and inspires;
- Capable of evaluating the impact of risks and breaches;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines;
- Thorough planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work well independently and well as part of a global team;
- Excellent influencing/negotiation skills;
- (International travel may be required from time-to-time).
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.