For one of our clients, a fast growing global fintech firm, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to be based in Brussels.
About the role:
You will be part of the new Compliance team in the heart of Brussels. As Senior Compliance Officer you will ensure that the business complies with its outside regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies and bylaws. You'll be working closely with the product team to help them understand the regulatory framework and develop systems to monitor the compliance function. Furthermore you are responsible for the reports that will be presented to the management and the board.
You will report to the head of Compliance.
- Master's degree, preferably with a legal or economic background;
- At least 3 years of Compliance experience in the financial services industry preferably at a bank; payment organisation, fintech, insurance or a consultancy firm;
- Knowledge of the Belgium laws and regulations is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch or French (preferably both);
- Strong positive self-starter with analytical skills, who likes to take initiative and ownership;
- Willing to relocate to Belgium;
- Flexibility to travel 25% of the time.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.