We have a great opportunity with incredible career advancement for an attorney with a construction, real estate, or M&A background.
Our client is a global real estate company who are looking to appoint a Senior Counsel to join their legal team focused on project management in the United States. In this role you will advise the business teams handling the full lifespan of construction projects, reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts and transactional documentation. You must be able to interact effectively and collaboratively with the Company's executives, professionals, staff and other employees, as well as with legal colleagues within the same department and globally, and negotiate contracts opposite experienced in-house counsel and sophisticated outside counsel.
They are looking for a lawyer with at least ten years transactional legal experience, with either an M&A, construction contracts, or commercial real estate background. Their work policy is flexible and hybrid, and you may work from any of their US offices 2-3 days per week (New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Charlotte are all favored site locations).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft and/or negotiate design, construction and project management agreements as well as other legal instruments to protect the Company's interests.
- Support legal department leaders and senior attorneys with transactional assignments, legal research and other projects as needed.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to managers, business leaders and sales professionals relating to the Company's business activities.
- Appropriately identify and analyze legal issues with an understanding of how to appropriately balance risk and the Company's ability to pursue its business interests.
- Develop and conduct legal trainings (either live or virtually) on various legal topics relevant to risk management.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from ABA accredited university, membership in good standing of State Bar and a minimum of ten years of private practice and/or in-house experience that is related to the specified duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, with a high preference for professionals who have experience with construction and design contracts and other commercial real estate transactions. The position requires excellent organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills, practical and effective problem-solving skills, strong analytical, negotiation, and communication skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment, commercially focused legal advice and appropriately consider risks to the Company.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.