This is a great opportunity for a commercial lawyer with either pharmaceutical or procurement experience to work as Senior Counsel for a global healthcare company.
You will work directly with senior business figures and both domestic and international legal teams on a range of procurement documents. You will advise on the implementation of purchase agreements, work closely with tax and corporate teams on governance issues, and liaise with external counsel on a range of issues.
Key responsibilities include:
Acts as senior lawyer to support (i) the business unit in all matters arising, including all aspects of contract drafting, negotiating and maintenance with suppliers and internal customer entities, supporting the business development team in all aspects of its expansion including its newly created global clinical trials sourcing business (ii) global services and procurement agreements with pharmaceutical manufacturers and (iii) the private label pharmaceuticals business in Europe. Agreement types may include, without limitation, supply contracts, business partner agreements, consulting services agreements, freight and logistics agreements and a range of intra-company agreements.
- Commercial contract negotiation and drafting.
- Act as business partner and provide guidance on legal risks to the Group's procurement and sourcing entities based in London and observe legal trends and brief the business functions on changes of law.
- Act as key contact for the Group's successful own-label business and the shared service centre, delivering proactive support on all day-to-day matters and reviewing supplier agreements, such as IT, HR or consulting agreements
- Liaise with different corporate functions throughout the global organisation (Tax, Finance, Corporate etc.) and includes a close collaboration with the Sourcing and Procurement department as well as with Tax and Finance departments on global matters
- Working closely with the Compliance lead and where required provide training to employees or leaders and giving updates on on-going topics
- Manage and supervise outside counsel supporting projects and keep an eye on the costs.
- Identifying, analysing, researching, and resolving legal and business process issues and making appropriate recommendations to business and supervising attorney
- Identifying and analysing risk, determining the level of risk and required escalations appropriately
- Consulting on legal and business provisions in contracts; Coordinating contract approval and enforcement of delegations of authority as needed
- Preparing legal presentations and presenting to senior business unit leaders, as applicable
- Recommending and implementing contracting policies, procedures and processes
- Coordinating with colleagues to identify regulatory issues, assess business impact risk and communicate same to business partners
- Exercising independent judgment in escalating issues within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Coordinate with the Group's Legal teams in the U.S. to ensure global best practice is embedded into work product.
- Work with tax and corporate secretary teams on various governance issues
- Coordinate with law firms.
CRITICAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will be/have;
- A solicitor or barrister with a law degree and at least 8 years post qualification work experience ideally within the pharmaceutical, medical devices or broader healthcare industry with exposure to senior management. Experience within both a large commercial law firm and in-house setting.
- Experience and expertise in drafting a wide range of commercial contracts (in particular supply and procurement agreements).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; experience of working in teams and demonstrating strong teamwork. Proven ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively.
- The ability to own specific matters or projects from beginning to end whilst coordinating with multiple internal teams and managing outside service providers.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.