A leading Global Investment Manager is looking to appoint a Funds Lawyer in London on a 6--month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will support the Global Funds team in all legal aspects of the fund raising life-cycle for a number of existing and new products. These will include Strategic partnerships, structured products, direct and indirect Real estate investments and real estate securities.
Duties will include:
- Advising on marketing products with respect to securities marketing rules and issues across a number of jurisdictions
- Working with internal compliance teams with respect to marketing materials.
- Assisting in the preparation of key legal documents in connection with new and existing products
- Managing external counsel.
- Assisting in the fund raising process from initial structuring through to investor negotiations and "closing" of mandates and funds.
- Working with portfolio managers regarding queries in respect of the ongoing operation of products.
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of internal policies.
- Advising on the application of new legislation and regulations
You will be a qualified Lawyer with at least 8 years' PQE with demonstrable experience in Private Equity and/or Real Estate funds experience. A good working knowledge of the regulatory framework relating to investment management, in particular the marketing of investment funds is required. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.