A rare opportunity now exists for a commercial lawyer to join an organisation that is undergoing an exciting transformation. In this newly created, greenfield role you will be assisting with establishing the legal & risk function.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, the Senior Legal Counsel will provide expert legal support to the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support and advice to all business units on legal, regulatory and contractual requirements under the guidance of the General Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements under the guidance of the General Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Assisting the General Counsel & Company Secretary with company secretariat functions, such as drafting meeting minutes, resolutions and maintaining registers.
- Engaging, briefing and managing external counsel under the supervision of the General Counsel, and ensuring external legal spend is managed within the approved budget.
- Actively keeping up-to-date with relevant legal and regulatory changes.
- Assisting in the development of policies, procedures and training programs for staff on relevant legal issues and regulatory and compliance requirements.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a minimum of 8 years' PQE with solid experience in a major law firm and/or experience in a large corporate in-house role. You will have a high degree of commercial acumen coupled with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for the right person to make their own mark and work with the General Counsel & Company Secretary to establish the in-house legal and risk function, and develop processes and systems to support the organisation. It requires a strong technical capability that is balanced by a pragmatic, empathetic, collaborative and outcomes-focused approach.
To express your interest in this position please submit your CV to Yvonne Tucker at Taylor Root at email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applications anticipated only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taylor Root are exclusively retained on this role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Taylor Root for consideration.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.