The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation, review and approval of all medium-to-high risk contracts and contracts generated by all BUs, including commercial contracts, MoUs, collaboration agreements and NDAs.
- Dealing with day to day contentious and non-contentious workload delegated by DoL.
- Working closely with and advising BUs on legal issues.
- Ensure strategic legal matters tracker updated periodically.
- Supporting DoL in conducting risk assessments and providing risk mitigation strategies on strategic initiatives across the group as required
- Dealing with day to day contentious workload delegated by GC and DoL. Working closely with and advising BUs on litigation and dispute issues
- Managing relationships with external counsel and legal counsel spend. Ensuring best value for money/quality of advisory from external counsel. Control legal spend and manage legal spend approval process (JF) and update legal spend tracker (supervise Senior Contracts Specialist to achieve).
To be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor, honours or master s degree from an international university
- Graduate of an accredited law school
- Minimum 8 years experience as a lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (UK, USA or Australia) or with an international law firm in the ME region
- Work experience or secondment at a government or quasi-government entity an added benefit
- Exposure to real estate, construction, financial services, compliance/regulation, trade, litigation/arbitration related matters
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.