SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, IP SPECIALIST, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: Our client is a progressive technology based corporate, with a wide variety of workstreams and business units. They are growing rapidly and their legal team now requires additional lawyers to expand the team.
ROLE: You'll sit as the key IP lawyer, providing a dedicated service across a range of verticals, in both an autonomous and supportive capacity. You'll show your value to this team quickly, whilst being kept very busy and focussed. Protecting ideas, inventions and innovation, you'll develop and execute an IP portfolio strategy, advise on complex agreements covering patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
CANDIDATE: The organisation has very high standards and there are key criteria to be considered:
- Ideal candidates will have been part of an in-house IP team before, but people direct from private practice can also be considered.
- You'll need exposure to extensive patent protection and strategy, as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
- Stakeholder experience and 'business' side exposure is going to be really important.
- A passion for all things IP, as well as distinct work across patents, trademarks and technology.
- US market experience, as well as having worked in, or worked for a high end multinational tech company would be preferred.
- You'll need a PQE of 8+ in order to have had the right breadth and depth of work.
- You don't need to be based in the Middle East right now, but you will have to relocate to Abu Dhabi.
Please do get in touch to discuss, we have a full job description to share with you.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.