Sydney, New South Wales
Competitive Top Tier Firm Compensation
10 months ago
Join one of Australia's oldest, largest and most renown law firms, excelling in every area of legal practice. If you are invested in your professional growth, this is a terrific opportunity to progress your career with a first-tier Intellectual Property practice that continues to grow under the leadership of two of the most well-respected practitioners in their field. The firm's culture emphasizes mentorship, diversity, and collaboration, and fosters a positive and inclusive culture.
- Provide trade mark services and advice on registration and enforcement issues for a wide range of industry sectors including food and pharmaceuticals, banking and finance, technology and IT, construction and major infrastructure, advertising, hospitality;
- Provide trade mark prosecution services and advice to a range of our pro bono clients.
- Advise on the adoption of new brands and re-branding strategies including undertaking clearance searches.
- Act on trade mark applications including preparing submissions replying to official reports issued by IP Australia.
- Assist in the management of international trade mark portfolios.
- Prepare and manage oppositions and non use actions, draft evidence and brief and instruct counsel
- Draft co-existence and licence agreements.
- Provide advice on IP aspects of due diligence and related corporate transactions
Skills & Experience
This role would suit a specialist trade mark lawyer or a trade mark attorney looking to step into a leading IP focused practice and who is interested in furthering their expertise and experience in trade marks.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a minimum of 3 years' solid experience working in a trade mark practice;
- a sound knowledge of trade mark law.
- a conviction that your career will be advanced by providing strategic commercial advice on matters concerning trade mark law.
- experience using Improtech software and databases would be advantageous.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.