VP Financial Institutions Credit Risk
I'm currently hiring a VP Financial Institutions Credit Risk for a dynamic international investment bank in Hong Kong. This is a new hire in the region and will form part of an increased focus on 2nd line of defence risk management. Reporting directly to the Head of Risk APAC, you will gain exposure to the entire credit risk process and be responsible for setting risk appetite.
* Provide credit risk management for a portfolio of APAC financial institutions to ensure they remain within risk appetite and minimise losses
* Lead end-to-end credit risk activities, including risk modelling, scenario analysis, stress-testing, risk rating approval and performance monitoring
* Set risk appetite for individual counterparties and contribute to overall APAC FI risk appetite
* Review financial information provided by credit analysts and approve credit reviews and new transactions within delegated authority
* Build relationships with front office stakeholders and utilise credit expertise in approving/declining of transactions
* Identify problem cases and implement action plans to mitigate any risk
* Bachelor/Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related discipline (or equivalent)
* Minimum 6+ years' experience in credit analysis of financial institutions (preference for hedge funds / family offices)
* Expertise in credit risk management and control processes, including knowledge of financial analysis and credit mitigation techniques used in counterparty analysis
* In-depth traded product knowledge, ideally derivative and financial products
* Previous delegated credit authority
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.